[TR] Convention agenda

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Oct 28 12:04:14 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/28/2010 12:16:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
pethier at comcast.net writes:
> On Saturday, they form up for a panoramic photo (by Doug Chadwick, who
> ISTR told me at LOG that he was headed down to shoot the VTR!).  Doug shoots
> one shot with all the folks standing by their cars.  Then all the folks are
> dismissed to go to lunch.  Doug shoots a second shot with no people.  Then
> the folks in the judged concour have to come back to be by their cars for
> the judges.  The rest of us can have lunch and goof off until the time for
> the popular choice ballot box to be closed.  Notice that we did not move
> our cars to re-form for the concour.  Saturday night banquet with speaker.

That would eliminate the biggest bottleneck of our event: the move from the
panaroamic shoot to the show field.  On the other hand it requires a
compromise between a good photo local and a cozy, comfortable show venue.  You
need a clear field for the photoshoot and that usually means full sun for the
car show.

Also, the car arrangement is a compromise, too.

There are cases where this would work well.  But not in all cases.

An alternate schedule I would suggest is to hold the photo shoot after the
show/judging.  The photographer and/or the club photshoot organizer can walk
the field and chose what cars he wants up front, grouped together, etc.,
and then designate who arrives at the photoshoot field at what time.  There
could be a lunch break in between, too.

Dave