[TR] Convention agenda

Don Sforza djsforza at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:47:20 MDT 2010

I attended a national Alfa Romeo show in Manchester NH several years ago. There was NO driving event requirement, although many were offered (gymkahna, driving tours, autocross and track time a the speedway). Sadly, I couldn't stay for the concours on the last day, and missed all the nice cars...they didn't show until "show day", and I was told most rolled (not started) off their trailers onto the show field.
I believe a driving event should be mandatory. If only to see the cars under their own power... How about a s-l-o-w crawl around the autocross circuit? And to give the casual attendee an opportunity enjoy the whole event.
BTW, with my Spider Veloce not running at the time, I took my TR6 to that show. This past July is 22 years I've owned that car... And the ALFA is history. Simplicity endures.