[TR] exhaust resinator

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 5 20:42:52 MDT 2011

> Whats the purpose of a resinator and how
> is it different from a muffler?

AFAIK, it's just a difference in terminology, used by Moss to differentiate
between the two mufflers.  The factory parts catalog calls them both
"silencers", and they appear identical except for length.  At least on the
TR3, both were originally glasspacks (although aftermarket glasspacks are
better made, IMO).

> I'm thinking of making up my own exhaust
> system (dual
> pipes from manifold to tailpipe)

You didn't mention which car, but you might want to check how you are going
to route the two pipes.  On the TR3/4 there really isn't room unless you
either cut more holes in the frame or route around/under the frame.

-- Randall