[TR] rear cockpit enterior panel

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Aug 9 05:59:24 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/8/2011 8:43:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
nafzigerg at yahoo.com writes:
> In comparing my new interior panels (tr-3) I've found a difference in the
> rear
> panel that covers the fuel tank.  The old panel has a steel top part
> that's
> riveted to a wooden panel at an angle; a little less than 90 degrees, both
> covered in vinyl.
>
> The new panel is a solid one piece panel the same shape
> but with a very very slight bend between top and bottom part.  It's made
> of
> masonite covered in vinyl.
>
> My question is how to install.  It seems
> impossible to me that the masonite could be bent almost 90 degrees to fit
> properly.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Interesting.  My two panels different than either of those.  My original is
Masonic but formed into an arch.  It has a textured finish.  My replacement
(Moss) is a flat piece of Masonic with serration's.  The intent is to bent
this part into an arch.  It looks like it will work but it is not the same
as my original.

My TR3 is a 57.  What year is yours?

Dave