[TR] TR-3B Head Replacement (John Walker)

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Sun Aug 14 20:24:54 MDT 2011

> ..plan on using Randall's "Fire Ring of .020" copper wire to ensure
> I have a good seal against the liners.

This sounds like a great way to help keep the seal.

I seem to blow my head gasket about once a year and I'm tired of
replacing it.  Does anyone have photos of how this ring of wire
is done?  Can the groove be machined in the head instead of the
block so I don't have to pull the engine?  And will this help
avoid blowing gaskets, in particular between cylinders?

Dave
http://Triumph.Daveola.com/