[TR] engine tuning

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 10:02:34 MDT 2011

Gary,

I think you may have two unrelated events!  It sounds like you solved  the
fuel delivery issue but now you've got another gremlin or two to deal with -
 not unusual when you're trying to get a car back on the road.

For your own sanity, I think I'd remove the fuel line at the carbs, attach
a short rubber fuel line with one end in a good container, have a helper
turn  the ignition on (you mentioned that you have an electric pump) while you
observe  the flow of fuel.  If you're satisfied that the flow is good and
you're  confident that the carbs were cleaned, the pistons are rising and
falling  okay, the float valves aren't sticking then move on to some next
steps.....one of which may need to be a compression check.  If even one of  the
cylinders has noticeably low compression, the motor will not sound right and
 will not run well.

Where did the engine suddenly begin to leak oil?  I don't think that  that
issue and the binding choke cable are connected to the fuel delivery
problem...maybe more related to the engine coming back to life??

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack,  PA
1976 TR6 CF57822U

In a message dated 8/23/2011 10:38:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,