[TR] squeaky front suspension TR3

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jul 5 12:28:44 MDT 2011

In a message dated 7/5/2011 11:31:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
yellowtr3 at yahoo.com writes:
> the octagonal guys all said that the material used in those squeak worse
> that
> the rubber.

The Octagonal guys are correct.  But only if you don't properly lubricate
them.  I lub'd my poly bushings with a heavy silicone grease for a
squeak-free ride.  The first time I used polyurethane bushings on the TR6 they
squeaked quite vociferously.  Eventually I disassembled the suspension and applied
the grease and quiet prevailed.

But as Phil points out, the rubber are not supposed to rotate, they deform.
 If yours are squeaking they have dried up and turned hard and need to be
replaced.  But the rubber are a bit tricky to install.  The poly bushings
either go in properly or they don't go in at all.

Dave