[TR] Covering a newly painted car

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 26 16:56:20 MDT 2011

I say it's bad advise because there are too many variables that could go
wrong by wrapping and covering the car. You were lucky in my opinion. A
fellow enthusiast and a well respected individual that I just met advised
against wrapping and trailering a freshly powdered coated frame for the same
reasons that many have stated here. My guess is that painters would advise
against doing it as well.

As for paint a week old being OK I disagree with that too. My freshly
painted TR4A was brought home in December and placed indoors until just
recently when I finished the car. This past weekend was it's first real
outing and in the hot sun. You could still smell the volatiles gassing off
for a good portion of the day. It was several months old at that time but
not fully cured so it seems.

If worried then a closed trailer is the only safe way to transport the car.
In the end you'll have to drive it sometime unless it's going to be a
trailer queen.

JVV