[TR] FW: Re: Re: Fred Thomas Update

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Fri Mar 11 22:09:21 MST 2011

That would be me.

Fred was very encouraging and supportive of the project.  It was that encouragement - after much discussion of pro's & con's that I decided to go ahead with it.   He was always available if I had a question - and always had an answer - sometimes they were 'off-the-wall' but even then it sparked additional ideas.  Las fall we agreed that I would be driving through Virginia on the way to TRA or TRF this coming summer and we were going to take a drive.   Sadly, it will be an empty seat now.

As others have said - I had a great admiration for him.  Many have used the word 'gentleman' - a word that described him to a T.

I haven't updated the photos in awhile..  should do that in the next few days.  Slideshow:
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/TS81802LO/?action=view¤t=9c02eca2.pbw

Wednesday afternoon a stray cat came into the yard...  Sat and watched me put the grill on the car.   Before I knew it he was laying on the front cowl.    This morning he was still here - I didn't see these notes until today at noon.   Although I don't know if Fred liked cats - I think 'FT' has found a new home.     God Speed Fred!

Carl
1961 TR3A
TS81802LO
Tampa, FL