[TR] Solenoid?

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Mar 20 07:11:19 MST 2011

Terry,
I had a very similar experience Saturday as well.  Just installed my freshly
re-built starter, it tried then quit on the first bump then nothing.  Be
sure to re-check the ground wire from the battery to the body as well as
your battery post connections, that was my problem now it starts like a
champ.

Before you start re-wiring, run through all the connections with a test
light from the battery to the starter. In my case the lights would not even
burn so I knew it was more than just the starter.

Good news is, of course, there is not much there to go wrong so it shouldn't
take too long to pinpoint the problem.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill Beecher