[TR] Costs

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Tue May 24 11:25:16 MDT 2011

While I have been delayed on the project, I decided to empty the drawer and put all of my receipts and other notes into a spreadsheet.  I was surprised at the outcome.
So to gloat:
I paid just over $4,200 for the project including the cost of transport.
Have put about $6,500 into body work, powder coating, painting, materials
Another $5,500 in new parts
I have sold just under $2,000 in surplus parts
I am certain that I didn't track every "I need a 5/8 UNF bolt' run to the hardware store but plugged in $500 (i did have receipts for $390) for all of those.
For a total investment/cost to date of $14,400.

I had the 1999 TRF price list in a database format; I listed each part that I inventoried when I bought the project at 80% of that value plus the actual cost of the new expenditures and came up with a total of $39,492.  This includes the completely rebuilt engine and new in box A-type overdrive that were part of the original project purchase.    I feel pretty good about the outcome.  (of course I didn't include the $11,000 garage extension LOL)

I expect to spend about another $1500-2000 before it is done but I also have boxes of used (and some new) parts that I didn't inventory. At somepoint those will be available for sale.  (for instance I have a set of new 86mm pistons still in their wrappings).

So - sometime this summer - I will be back on the road  after a 10 year hiatus.