[TR] Maradyne Heater Epilogue

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Tue Nov 8 21:40:40 MST 2011

     So I finally got a spare moment to tear into the TR3 to figure out why the
heater won't work. It turns out that the steel return line (on left side of the
head) from the heater is completely rusted solid. I don't remember it being that
old. I probably had the heater valve on the head off for too long and didn't get
enough flow through the line. I am going to order a new one.
     Does anyone fabricate the heater return line in stainless steel? I've had
the TR for 19 years now and expect to be driving it for about 40 more years.
Stainless would serve me well over time.
     Thanks for everyone's help from the list.

     -Bill in Tehachapi