[TR] [6pack] Negative battery cable?

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 09:11:35 MST 2011

Dick,

That would be a lot easier.

I can honestly say that for me getting the battery ground cable bolted
to the body and bell housing was the hardest thing I've ever done on
my 6.  What I thought was going to be a 20 minute job (traditional
long braided cable) turned into hours because of the tight access for
both the bolt and the nut.  I must have spent an hour figuring out how
to hold both in place AND having the right tools to actually pull them
together.  And then I could only turn it about 1/8 each time.  I
invented swear words that night.  I deserved it though since I was
fixing something that didn't need fixing.  I simply wanted to go from
a flat braided cable to the correct round braided cable.

If anyone ever has their engine out make a note to yourself to put the
battery ground cable on the housing before it goes back in.  In my
darkest hour it occurred to me that I might have to pull the engine to
get the battery cable on right... thankfully that passed and saner
moments prevailed.  I could have picked an easier bolt but I didn't
want the cable twisted around potentially rubbing things and of course
the hole on the bottom of the cable lined up perfectly with the bolt
from hell so the die was cast.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net