[TR] 6 won't run below 1500 rpm revisited...

Graybeal Design drew at graybealdesign.com
Sat Nov 26 17:54:20 MST 2011

First thing, I would like to say thanks to all those who helped me with their
advice on my first inquiry. I thought I had the problem tracked down to a bad
tank of gas, but that was just coincidental. What seems to make the difference
now is removing the vacuum retard hose and plugging it. I don't have a timing
light so I can't be sure it's just timing and not a vacuum leak in the
distributor, but hose on...it runs bad...hose off...it runs good. Do I need a
new distributor? Can I fix the old one? Is this really the problem?

Thanks,
Drew