[TR] TR2 leaky banjo

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Mon Nov 28 09:57:44 MST 2011

How oh how do I stop fuel leaking from the banjo joint to the float bowl on
the front carb? These are the original type TR2 carbs with the rigid pipework,
I did not want to use the braided flexible pipe supplied by most. Where the
bolt passes through the banjo and into the float bowl lid, always drips. I
have changes the fibre washers several times, I have tightened, loosened all
to no avail. Is there a rubber alternative to these washers? I made up this
pipework myself, by soldering new pipe to the original banjos, but I am
positive the leak is around the banjo seals.
Regards
John

John Gillis
(Senior Conservator)
Library Conservation TCD
Electronic mail to, from or within College may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act