[TR] (no subject)

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 10:31:10 MST 2011

My guess is that his Yahoo email account got hacked.  I've been seeing a lot
of that lately.

The spam appears to have come through Yahoo, from a computer somewhere in
India.  Which I suspect explains how it made it through the list server and
my spam filters.  If they had just managed to copy a contacts list, most
likely the spam would come through some other server, not the same one John
uses.

If you want to try complaining to the spammer's ISP, here is the contact
info:

inetnum:        115.187.32.0 - 115.187.63.255
netname:        ALLIANCEBROADBAND
descr:          Alliance Broadband Services Pvt. Ltd.
descr:          P-89, C.I.T. Road,2nd Floor
descr:          Kolkata
descr:          Pin- 700 014
descr:          India
country:        IN

person:         Sk Akramul Alam
nic-hdl:        SA654-AP
e-mail:         ipadmin at alliancekolkata.com
address:        P-89 C.I.T Road
address:        2nd Floor,
address:        Kolkata - 700014, India
phone:          +91-33-39837800
fax-no:         +91-33-39829588

But since they don't even list an "abuse" address, my guess is that this ISP
is a "spam haven" and any complaints will only get you more spam.

-- Randall