[TR] Brooklands windscreens

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 11:01:34 MST 2011

As Tony has basically said, the answer is "it depends", but either way it's
 not difficult. Mine TR3A also had the holes pre-drilled and threaded, with
bolts  in them, to accept the original factory Triumph screens, which are
taller than  the Brooklands ones. Mine had the holes and bolts there only
because the factory  stopped doing this in I think 1959 and mine was built in
'57.

Even if yours is a later car with no holes/bolts, etc., all you really have
 to do, as far as I am aware, is drill the holes and install them. It'll be
a bit  trickier than an earlier car because you'll have to get under the
dash to get  the nuts on the bolts.

If yours is an earlier car with the mountings installed at the factory, and
 if you want to fit Brooklands screens to it (and not the Triumph factory
ones),  you'll need a conversion kit so that the Brooklands screens will
install using  the factory holes.

Incidentally, I have them installed on my car and I notice no difference
whatsoever in terms of wind when driving. They are worse in rain, however.

Tim

How  difficult is it to fit a set of Brooklands wind screens to a TR3?
Larry  Miceli
Mount Dora, Fla

Sent from my Verizon Wireless  BlackBerry

triumphs at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: