[TR] clutch bleeding

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Sun Oct 9 12:43:03 MDT 2011

On 10/9/2011 8:44 AM, davewillner wrote:
> What are my odds of bleeding the clutch while the m/c is in the car, can that
> be achieved? I've read most of the archives and most suggest a bench bleed...
In a situation where I've failed to bench bleed, I remove the bleed
screw or fitting, and put a thumb over the opening.  Then have an
assistant pump the pedal.   The thumb acts as a kind of check valve,
letting air and fluid out while preventing air from flowing back in.
This usually gets things flowing pretty quickly.

And yes, I had to do this just last week.  *sigh*

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.