[TR] Erratic Speedometer

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Mar 16 08:22:41 MDT 2012

Send it off and have it serviced, there are a few around the country that
are List Approved.  I like West Valley Instruments in California but I have
also heard good things about Nissonger & Momo.

Yes, if you have too much lubricant in the cable is can get up into the
head.  I started with new cables and did not add any extra lube to them
before installation.

Of course, if you have a kink in your cable routing this can create havoc
with the speedo reading too.  If you have a new cable, properly routed, what
makes you think it is the problem?

For a non-O/D TR3, you should see 3,000rpm=60mph

I have about 3500 miles on my re-built speedo, rock solid and accurate.

Bill