[TR] Topping off gear box and diff

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:38:08 MDT 2012

On 11/2/12 8:01 PM, thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:
> The question is, if I run the front up on the ramps and then pump in some fluid, obviously when I come back down the level will be above where it should be according to the book.
I went after the how to top off without a lift problem in a different
way. I cut an access hole into the side of my gearbox tunnel centered on
the fill plug.

Series Land Rovers have a big access hole in their gearbox tunnels and a
big rubber plug to seal the hole.  The rubber plugs are available new.

I drilled a pilot hole centered over the TR's fill plug and made a hole
the size of the LR rubber plug. I suppose one could do the same with the
rubber plug that fits over the jack hole in a TR3.

So I sit the car on a level surface, remove the rubber plug then the
fill plug then fill or top off using a funnel with a tube at the bottom.

TeriAnn