[TR] TR3A Steering Wheel ALighnment

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 10:19:51 MST 2012

How you fix it is going to depend where you are 'off'.  You want the car
aligned and the tie-rods pretty much centered to get the correct steering
geometry.  Once that is in order (and perhaps it already is) then the wheel
itself can be correctly positioned.

I have always positioned the steering wheel by removing it from the top end
of the column and reinserting it in the desired position.  If there is no
one position that is perfect then I get it as close as possible and then
tweak the tie-rods for the final bit.

Fussy work -- probably only worth it if a crooked wheel bugs you (it bugs
me).

Geo