[TR] TR3 painted wing beading question

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 19:09:47 MST 2012

It was only TR2, and the bead was normally colored to match the  trim.  My
SPC lists black, Olive Yellow, Green, Red, Geranium and  White.

The beading on all TR2s were painted body colors and the colors listed
above were the body colors available.

All of the 2s that I am familiar with had the beading sourced from an
English company named "Woolies" with an Internet address of
_www.woolies-trim.co.uk_ (http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk)      In late 2000 I ordered 7 meters of
part number 274-WH from Woolies.  The  shipping was more than the beading
but the total cost for the seven meters was  about $20 (in year 2000).  As I
remember the only colors was white and  black and I was told that if the
body is to be a light color then order white  and if dark order black.  The
beading on my TR2 was painted off the  car and now some 12 years and 32,000
miles later not a hint of any peeling or  dings.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana