[TR] Feelings about paint types

alan salvatore alansalvy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 03:25:11 MDT 2012

I've painted a couple of TR's and I prefer the single stage and then I use
a cocktail of clear in the final coat.

The single stage can still be color sanded if you want a super smooth
finish.

The single stage also more closely duplicates the original enamel in that
when you polish it, in that the color comes off on your rag.  A clear coat
has no color of course.
All the new paints are going to give a much brighter finish than the enamel.

I  also don't like the way the clearcoat has a tendency to flake off with
age.

Al