[TR] Clutch movement

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Mon Oct 8 09:23:18 MDT 2012

On 10/7/2012 6:32 PM, Dave1massey at cs.com wrote:
> What car?

Sorry, I left that out:  75 TR6

> The TR6 is notorious for clutch engagement.

Yeah, that's what makes me think this is normal.  I just wanted a data
point to compare it.  Given a stock setup with new components, the
pushrod should move a certain amount...

> Changing clutch
> cross shaft lever holes can help.  A larger diameter master cylinder or a
> smaller slave cylinder diameter can also help.

So far, I'm not sure there's a problem.  Drove 10 miles or so, and only
missed one downshift.  Could have been me, I suppose.  The car shifts
fine, otherwise.  It's just that, with the trans tunnel off, I can see
that the lever doesn't move a whole lot.

Of course, when you think about it, the brakes really don't move a whole
lot either, and they manage to get the job done.  So maybe I'm thinking
too much.  That's happened before...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.