[TR] Rotating tyres

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 22:05:12 MDT 2012

Dennis,

If you run your hand back and forth on the surface of the tire you
should be able to feel which direction the rubber is wearing. It will
feel different as you go back and forth over the tread width. One way
will have an "edge" on the tread pattern and one way should be smooth.
Having that information you may be able to figure out how the tires
are tracking down the road (or not tracking) and why they are wearing
the way they are. Much like cupped tires indicate bad shocks, wear
towards the inside/outside can indicate wheel alignment issues and
also what direction the tires are really pointing in as you roll down
the road.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net