[TR] TR3A rear spring "fulcrum" bolt -- rear shock mount

John Reed jr468 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:38:14 MDT 2012

I had a similar banging noise on my TR3 caused by a loose rear shock that I
couldn't tighten sufficiently.  ISTR it was difficult to get a wrench or
socket on the fastener on the outboard shock side.  I replaced the hex head
bolts with socket head bolts -- the kind that take a hex key or allen wrench
in the head.  I put the bolt in with the socket head on the outboard side and
a nyloc nut on the inboard side of the bracket.  This allowed me to get a good
grip on the bolt so I could torque it down enough to keep it tight.  I did
that around 14 years ago and haven't had a problem with it since.