[TR] TR4, Fuel pump,and Flagstaff

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:51:29 MDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Lee&John Howard <leejohn7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...the lever fell into the crankcase!... I
> presume it fell to the bottom and is now safely held down in the oil. There
> is a baffle in the pan, but I don't remember if it is forward or rear. If
> at the rear, could it be a problem as the lever may be lying that much
> closer to the crank?
>

>From that recent generous offer of a free oil pan, this link shows what
you're dealing with:

http://www.triumphexperience.com/phorum/read.php?5,841402,841402#msg-841402

Given the size of the lever and recalling how closely the pickup screen
fits thru that opening, I'd be concerned that the lever is laying on top of
the splash guard.

I'd be inclined to drop the pan and get it out.

Geo