[TR] Heat insulation material - installation

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 02:47:36 MDT 2012

Putting it on the floor pans will definitely help with heat.

However, mine isn't glued down, so I can pull it out when the carpet gets
wet.

I'm not convinced that it makes any difference at all, but mine is felt side
down on the theory that the foil on top will help trap air inside the felt,
which might possibly increase the R-value by some miniscule amount.

> The '2 tends to have a bit hotter cockpit, as it does
> not have a scuttle vent.

Does anyone feel like the scuttle vent actually does anything?  I've never
been able to tell the difference.

-- Randall