[TR] 3 point belts in a TR4A

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Apr 2 05:47:25 MDT 2013

I bought the inertia reel belts from Moss and mounted them using the stock
TR6 mounts.  The inertia reel mounts on the wheel well just above the parcel
shelf and there is a belt guide that mounts higher up directly above the
reel.  The feeds the belt over the shoulder.  The other end of the loop bolts
to a weld nut just below and behind the lower rear corner of the door
opening.  The other part of the belt set bolts to a weld nut in the driveshaft
tunnel.

I do believe the TR4 has different seatbelt provisions but I am not
familiar with the TR4A but if you don't have the weld nuts you can drill holes and
use nuts and oversized washers to prevent pull-through which is what I did
for the guide loop on my TR6 since the 71 didn't come equipped with inertia
reel belts, just the fixed length three point harness.

If you can, study the mountings on a TR6 and try to approximate as closely
as you can.  I'm sure the factory spent quite a bit of time optimizing the
seatbelt mountings so it would be wise to ride their coattails.

Cheers

Dave