[TR] Which E-Bay to use

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 08:52:42 MDT 2013

Ashley --

Have a look at:  eBay Motors
Fees<http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html>

It appears that you are in New Zealand -- generally cars may sell better
where the steering wheel is on the correct side for local traffic but in a
nice TR3B a RHD might be an interesting, even desirable feature to a US
collector.

Perhaps you want to list in the US for a wider market -- in that case you
would do well to get some info on shipping to a West coast port (e.g. Long
Beach).  I bought a TR that was on a Pacific island and got a great deal
because the seller hadn't bothered to explain to bidders how easily and
cheaply shipping could be arranged.  As a result of his oversight no one
else bid on the car.

Lastly, since you are asking a pretty basic eBay question perhaps you
haven't sold much on that site.  If so, and particularly if your feedback
score is low -- you will need to put bidders at ease that you are for
real.  Also, if you lack eBay experience, you will want to be aware of the
scams commonly attempted on eBay car sellers.

I think I vaguely recall you and your car from one of the other TR lists.
Best of luck with the sale,

Geo