[TR] TR6 transmission

hdrider570 at att.net hdrider570 at att.net
Wed Aug 20 13:22:24 MDT 2014

The next time that it happens turn off the engine with the pedal still
depressed and see if it will go into gear then. That should tell you
whether it is a clutch or transmission issue.

My Stag does this now and then and my opinion is it is an oil soaked
clutch plate.  The rear main is damaged. Every now and then
particularlywhen the motor is cold it will exhibit similar behavior.  It
will go into 4th with a bit of effort and then once you get it rolling
at all it is easy enough to get into first gear.  It's just the oil
holding the plate to the flywheel.

I would tend to think that if it was a broken pivot pin you would have
the problem all the time rather than intermittently. The same for low
fluid or defective hydraulics. Of interest I have seen a worn master
that when the pedal was moved quickly would pull air into the system
through the worn seals.  Made it almost impossible to bleed.

Did the clutch pedal feel any different when it happened?

Edward Hamer
PetalumaCA