[TR] TR4A crankcase ventilation

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Mon Dec 8 17:09:48 MST 2014

Well,
After driving my TR4A for awhile, the only real thing I am having a problem
with is blowby and it's related problem.. oil leaks.
I have tried to get the stock PCV valve working with my cast aluminum valve
cover with no success.
I am going to remove the plug in the side of the block and installing a TR4
style crankcase vent tube. That should get rid of my lower end ventilation
issue. I just have to come up with a final fix for the top end.
I am looking for suggestions on how any of you have removed that plug in the
side of the crankcase. I would like to remove it without dropping the oil pan
if at all possible.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
TR4A