[TR] Spring compressor

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Dec 23 16:42:58 MST 2014

I made a supreme model using 1/2 acme threaded rod, acme nuts, leveling washers, a thrust bearing and a clevis pin.  I've used it several times and it still works as new.

The problem I have with the hardware store variety all thread is that after a few uses the thread gets gummed up, even if I use lots of grease.  But this new design should last forever.

(All McMaster-Carr stuff.)

Dave Massey