[TR] tr6 woes part 4

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 19:30:22 MST 2014

Then it starts.  The ammeter isn't working and the turn signals don't work.
The heater control was pulled out full, I went to push it in and the entire
control pushed through the fascia panel - strange, I remember tightening it up
before Triumphest and it worked fine going up and coming down. By Pismo Beach
the oil pressure is down to 65 psi, OK, but by Arroyo Grande it is down to
50psi, by the time I get back to Buellton, about 60 miles, it is barely
holding 50 psi at 3K rpm, and when I pull in my driveway it idles at 10 psi.
My wife tells me the car is crabbing down the road.  Now, a number of you have
followed me down the road and I have asked and been told my car runs straight.
The positive battery cable is loose. The hose coming off the back of the
manifold has been replaced with a length of heater hose that is pinched off.

I call Jason.  It's all just coincidental. I've got a worn and tired car.
Since it was not running when I brought it in, they have no way of knowing
what condition these things were in before. I hung up on him.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver