[TR] tr-6 woes..........use of professionals

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Feb 22 21:50:34 MST 2014

Gary, while I am sure there are competent "expert" shops out there, I too
have had the same experience as you, I have used local machine shops (there
are fewer these days, I think cars die of accidents or a combination of too
many sensors dying and or other electrical and fuel injection system
failures long before the mechanicals in the motors wear out these days) and
we also have a local "clutch and brake" shop that can do pretty much
anything you need with clutches, brakes, flywheels, hydraulic hoses, pushing
bearings in or out, also a local "auto electric" shop that will rebuild a
Lucas starter of generator, or early alternator for about $40.  As you said
these places are generally staffed by people over 40, or more likely 50 who
know their stuff and can figure out how to do things from memory, dimensions
and cross references from hard copy parts books when the computer doesn't
list the part when you call it up by make and model.  I don't know how long
these types of place will last, but they are a great resource while they do.

Greg Lemon