[TR] TR6 Hesitation and Running Issue

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 23 16:35:02 MST 2014

Jonas,

Sounds like the timing is not advanced enough. I had the same problems
with my 72.

The best way to time a 6 is to use a vacuum gauge on the intake
manifold. Use the vacuum connection to the brake booster. There is some
good advice on the 6-pack forum including a link to where you can get
the gauge.

Also, make sure you use the red upgraded rotor. The rotors with the
rivet are crap. Ask me how I know! T:he missing and sputters sound like
either a bad rotor or the points are not set correctly.

It took me awhile to dial my 6 in. I was new to the 6 cyl engine. All my
Triumph experience was with my 3 and 4.

What is the overall condition of the distributor? Maybe it time for a
rebuild.

Also a good time to check the valve clearance.

Bob