[TR] Off-topic, but car-related

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 11:53:50 MST 2014

Four wheel disks?  Did he have a parking brake engaged? It seems unlikely
that pads would rust to disks -- there isn't enough ferrous content in the
friction surface for that, is there?  Were the pads worn down to
metal?   Was it perhaps piston rust due to water in the brake fluid causing
them not to retract in the calipers?

I'd leave the parking brake off were I to leave a car undriven for many
months.  A change in fluid might be a good idea, too...