[TR] TR3 Cam Bearing Question

Greg Gelhar greg at gelhar.com
Tue Jan 21 14:20:42 MST 2014

The retaining bolt hole is most important. It will line up the other holes. Note that the oil holes in the block are not drilled on the cam bearing centers. This is most noticeable at the rear bearing where the extra hole feeds the valve rocker shaft. Push a thin wire into the oil holes to prove the holes are not covered before installing the cam.
The oil going to the head is metered by the camshaft. When you spin the oil pump before starting the engine you might not see oil at the rocker shaft until you turn the crankshaft a bit.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

T-Mobile. Americabs First Nationwide 4G Network