[TR] Tr3a. Where does this wire go?

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Sat Jan 25 08:10:21 MST 2014

The pigtail is for the wiper motor, but you need to be careful that your
harness is correct for the car.  The setup with the pigtail was used on the
TR2 and early TR3:

http://www.trtriumph.com/images/Wiring%20Haynes.pdf

But on later models (and I think all 3As)  the only wires running to the
switch are the green/black and a ground:

http://www.trtriumph.com/images/Wiring%20Practical%20Hints%20for%20TR3.pdf

If the harness is for the earlier model and you run the green to the switch
you will short the circuit.

Andrew Uprichard