[TR] TR6 ammeter

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Jan 31 01:16:33 MST 2014

My ammeter shows a charge when running on the highway I think because
the electric fan is generating a bit of charge, but I'm not sure.
Around town it'll stay at a fairly minimum charge unless the electric
fan kicks on. I run a 63 amp alternator so the meter does peg, even
with a 12-14 gage wire shunted to the ammeter, when I start the car
after a long time. I tap the gage to get the needle loose again. Guess
I net a thicker wire on the ammeter...more resistance.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine and dinghy car for RV)
70 Spitfire MK III (parts car, FE engine donated to race car)
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)