[TR] tr-3 diff. oil seal or speedi sleeve or both?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 16:22:35 MST 2014

> I'm thinking it's leaking there and blowing back to
> bottom of diff
> then dripping off.B  Make sense?

Yup, that's what mine was doing.

> What recommended?B  Only
> speedi seal?B  only oil seal?B  or both?B

If you open it up, I would definitely replace the seal.  If you can polish away the mark left by the seal on the surface of the
flange, then you probably don't need a Speedi-sleeve.

> Also I have a hell of a time finding TRF parts through the
> "search" click.B
> put in pinion, diff, speedi seal whatever.......usually
> hopeless.B

It works much better to first look up what you need in the factory 'Spare Parts Catalogue' and then use the TRF database search
function on that number.  I actually keep an icon on my toolbar that opens the PDF version of the SPC; which you can download from
http://tinyurl.com/q5lx2gw

As far as I know, Moss & TRF don't offer a Speedi-sleeve to fit.  You'll need to pick that up at your local NAPA or perhaps RockAuto
has them listed.  One of my local NAPA stores doesn't even carry the Speedi-sleeve brand any more, but the other store could order
it for me.

Randall