[TR] Other Triumph Forums

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Wed Apr 1 03:39:40 MDT 2015

All - I am relatively new to the lists (TR, Spit, 6Pack) at about 5 years
but they have been a tremendous help. Like most of our clubs, where we
experience the 5% - 95% situation, I'm sure the lists are similar. I bet
there are many subscribers who simply enjoy seeing the results of a posed
question although they may not offer input on their own. Of course, that is
not necessarily a good thing in the long run. The various forum formats are
fine if you have hours to spend sitting in front of a screen. Personally, I
like the e-mail list since I can get several responses by the end of the day
if I have a question. My last question to the list resulted in all sorts of
helpful advice to determine which camshaft to purchase for a TR6. The
addition of attachments is a real nice thing and I agree that I seldom seem
to receive spam as a result of being on any of the lists. Someone brought up
the whole issue of the relative age of a TR owner - how true! I bet that any
young owners would probably have a different approach in using internet
capabilities to look for answers.

Most of the snow is gone in Connecticut now and the TR6 can come out of the
upper part of the barn and get a new top and windshield. The GT6 is going to
get relays for the headlights. Hard to believe that the  1st cutting of hay
should start less than two months from now, especially with all of the frost
still in the ground.

Alex Thomson