[TR] Distributor help UPDATE

Pete Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 14:37:25 MDT 2015

When all else fails, go back to the beginning and look at basics.  Following that advise I took a minute and checked the engine SN only to find out that it is a TR4 engine.  Must have been changed before my time years ago.  Anyway that at least explains why it has a D25 distributor.  Still no idea why the unusual distributor number.  I did clean off the vacuum advance and found the part # 54411233 and advance numbers 5-11-7.  TRF has a part with the same numbers but a different part # for a TR distributor.  Now my dilemma.
Do I purchase the unit, roughly $70, purchase a brand new distributor from them for roughly $100 (sure it is a knock off of unknown quality), or pick up the correct rebuilt distributor for around $200.
Thanks for the inputs so far.
Pete