[TR] TR2/3 Trans/OD removal

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Sat Dec 5 11:21:57 MST 2015

Hello List:
Have followed the list questions and comments on leaks in the trans/OD.
Unfortunately, my '2 seems to be plagued with the same issues on a very
recently "rebuilt" OD unit. A couple of questions, is the OD more prone
to leaks if overfilled? I may have been a bit over-enthusiastic in
replenishing the Redline.
Secondly, can you remove the OD unit from the trans with the trans in
the car? When I last removed the OD, had the engine/trans unit on the
garage floor, then removed the OD from the trans when tearing everything
down. Re-installed the whole engine/trans as a unit.
Just dreading the whole front clip, etc. removal process, even as a
winter project. Nice fresh paint and all.
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham