[TR] value for insurance proposes?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 13 09:48:19 MST 2015

> If the car was in a fire, flood or whatever what would it
> cost to replace it? What should I insure it for?

Given the way prices have shot up recently, I'd say more like $30k minimum and $40k is probably more realistic.  You still wouldn't
get an exact replacement, of course, so you're looking for enough money to buy something that is close and then modify to your
tastes.

Which reminds me, I should up mine, too.  Just a minor "fender bender" in 2013 came close to exhausting my stated value.  Literally
stopped at a stop light, and the pickup truck in front of me decided he had to back up!

-- Randall