[TR] Replacing Universal joints on a drive shaft

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:04:35 MST 2015

I’ve been fortunate enough to source myself a pair of half shafts from a
Triumph 2000. These apparently fit a Triumph Stag which I have. The shafts
come with replicable universal joints, unlike the staked type currently on
my Stag.

I can get two types of joint GUJ102 without zirk / grease nipple or GUJ107
with zirk / grease nipple. 2 are required per side.  The problem with
GUJ107 is once fitted to the car there is no way to get to the zirk closet
to the hub as it is enclosed by the radius arm.  I’m aware TR6s have a
similar setup.

So should I get 4 no-zirked type and fit once and forget, or buy the zirked
type and periodically, which means never in my case, re- grease by removing
the shaft?

Do the zirked type really need pumping with grease once in a while?

Also, doing a cross reference to other part numbers of the zirked type ,
prices vary from $11 to $25 Any recommendations on brand I found the ones
below.

I also found a cross reference to GMB

GUJ107 cross references these following parts

Factory Number

ACDelco               45U0168

BECK/ARNLEY    102-0031

BECK/ARNLEY    102-0106