[TR] Ruminations

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 15 07:51:12 MST 2015

Joe,

Another way to look at any price today is this way.

Back when our currency was silver based and a quarter was about 1/5th of
an oz AG, gas was anywhere from 18 to 25c / gallon. Well if you were
smart and saved all your dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver
dollars you could go down to your precious metal dealer and sell them 5
quarters (1.25) for about 13 to 14 dollars today. So a quarter could get
you about 3$ good for about 1.5 gallons up here in upstate NY.  So if
you look at it that way, gas is cheaper today than it was in the 60's.

Just goes to show you how much our $ has fallen in 50 years.

Now, I was just in northern CA and drove on US 395 CA, and US 95 Nevada
and I saw prices in the 4.50 to almost 5$ range. This was in October.
Well over double what I saw on I 40 when I got into NM and TX.

Bob