[TR] Ruminations

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:20:21 MST 2015

Ken;

I 'love' that. In the '73 Arab Oil embargo, we were told of an 'oil
shortage' which forced the price of gas to double and even triple in a
matter of weeks. Overnight, the Arab sheikdoms became billionaires. Here we
are, forty years later and, somehow, we have an oil GLUT! Now how can that
be??

I'd like to asee a history graph showing the price of a barrel of West
Texas crude vs. the price of a gallon of oil at any given time? Last time
oil was $38.50/barrel, as it is now, how much was a gallon of gas? Makes me
think that even if a barrel of oil was FREE, we'd still pay at least $1.50
gallon, what with all the taxes, fees and whatnot (not to mention dealing
with the ethanol we didn't ask for).

Dave