[TR] A type O/D leak - operating lever

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 28 21:55:00 MDT 2016

> Evidently,
> this shaft on the right side end has an O-ring in the case recess.
> Just wondering if the O-ring can be replaced with the O/D in the car?
> Anyone been there?

I haven't.  However, did you check that the solenoid lever is installed so it holds the adjustment lever tight against the O-ring?
In other words, the shaft should not be able to move at all laterally.  If it can move, it might be as simple as repositioning the
solenoid lever (which can be done in the car but with significant difficulty).

Here's a shot of the special nut I made (and the socket head screw that goes with it) to make it easier to adjust the lever with the
unit still in the car (and the tunnel in place).

-- Randall