[TR] Dynalite alternator

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 08:00:32 MDT 2016

On 16 Aug 2016 4:14 p.m., Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used LED H4s for about 1½ years and the heat has not been an issue so far (no failure or degradation).

Wow, has it been that long? Guess it has!

Anyway, I've also been running LED headlights longer than Geo has, with no apparent problems with heat. I have the ones with an active cooling fan  so that should help.
I'm also running the original 19 amp generator, plus an electric radiator fan.
My battery does wind up a bit down if I drive a long time in LA rush hour traffic after dark (so low rpm with both fan & headlights on), but so far it has always started and recharged in the morning.

I have no information on the Dynalite, but Tony might be a bit biased as he is involved in the sale of those electronic control boxes for the original generator. In other words, he is a competitor.

-- Randall